Apr 12, 2016

ORC week2: design plan for grady's grown up bedroom

it is week 2 of the one room challenge, and grady's room is finally getting some love!

before i begin any project, even one in my own home, i like to have a visual design plan for the space.
enter the design board:




so heres the plan for grady's grown up room:

*black walls. (i just started painting, and it looks FANTASTIC!)
*bring up the west elm dresser that has been living in my entry for the last year
*new queen sized bed + mattress
*a bookcase and desk to replace the bench currently on his side wall
*add dark drapes (from ikea!)
*showcase his collection of souvenir pennies with some shadowboxes
*add a lounge chair to give him a cozy seating area for reading and video gaming
*keep everything clean, simple and masculine
*add some art + storage for lacrosse sticks

design boards help envision how patterns, colors and furniture all work together, and act as a motivation to get a room  done! if you would like to see more design boards that i have created for clients, check out my instagram page:



2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic design board. Love it! I'm doing black walls in my living room. This makes me more confident to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn I adore the direction that your room is headed towards! You did SO much better than I did in my room this week.

    I would love for you to share this post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I think our readers would really enjoy it!

    Good luck in the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete